Used Car Search
The ups and downs on the rocky road of life.
This week I am reflecting on the disappointment of doing so well but coming up short, no matter if it’s football, business or life generally.
I have been lucky enough over the years to enjoy success in all areas of life, sport and business, but trust me it’s not all a lovely easy road, and it’s the way you come back after failures that makes winning or achieving feel better.
I managed to win 16 British Championships, 3 FIM World Cups, and even an Aussie title in 2011, plus a fair share of Motor Trade Awards, and it’s not winning that drives you on, it’s the feeling you get when you don’t succeed that hurts more than the winning feeling, that drives you to be better. If you don’t hurt when you lose, you’ll never be a winner. I have suffered the pain of losing many times - if that hurts, you will go on and work harder, not give in, not let the atmosphere or pressure affect your performance, not say “well we did well, or better than we expected”.
I really think the performance of Gareth Southgate, and his preparation, is down to the pain he suffered in 1990 - he has done an amazing job. Now he has a team of players who feel it first hand, and they didn’t expect that, so next time they will be better, but some may not have the mental strength, some may not have the ability to keep their place as others come along, but there will enough of England’s players there to help them.
We were ironically on a shortlist of three dealers to win the Best Franchised Dealer in the UK at the Motor Trader Awards on Wednesday night, and we also came up short - a great achievement to be in the Top 3, especially as I have been suffering from a back injury since February and spent very little time at work since then, so now the staff have to decide if they feel the pain of coming so close, and bounce back and win, or settle for being ‘just very good’. The difference is no one remembers how close you were, you either win or lose!
It’s really hard to bounce back, but in my motor bike life, I was so determined, and hated losing so much, it just made me try harder, practise more, concentrate more, never give up, just never give less than 100% every time, every day, and that’s what winners do. That’s what cost England the win, they lost concentration and allowed Croatia to score, and in business we have to do the same. So if we hate losing enough, customers will get the same great service every time, we won’t forget things, we won’t let our concentration slip, and not only will we come back stronger, we will be a better company for it, and our customers and our accounts will reflect the difference.
So whilst I’m disappointed for my managers who I would have loved to see representing the company on stage, I’m sure they will have had a taste, and be disappointed enough, to not want to be back, but need it!!
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved.” Helen Keller
WELCOME TO Luscombe Mitsubishi Leeds
5 Star Mitsubishi Dealer for Customer Care
We Won’t Sell you a Car but WE WILL HELP you buy one!!
- At Luscombe Mitsubishi Leeds, our aim is to create a unique, stress-free new and used car buying environment.
- We are a small, privately owned and run business meaning we can offer a highly personal service in a friendly and relaxed manner.
- As our business ethos states, we empower our straight talking sales staff to make decisions and to deal directly with customers
- Our sales staff aren't constantly running back to faceless managers - Our managers come out of the office to assist you!
- In order to provide the best possible service for customers, we have a very experienced and knowledgeable team of staff with many years of Mitsubishi experience
- Located in close proximity to the M1 and M62, we serve a vast area in West Yorkshire but thanks to our reputation, we also sell cars to customers all over the UK.
- We pride ourselves on our reputation! For this reason, we actively encourage you to leave your comments and reviews on Judge Service, Qype, Google Reviews, Yelp and Facebook
- Finally, if you have any questions, queries, problems or praise, the owner, Robin Luscombe would like to hear from you. Call him on his mobile - 07984 647938
What is it that sets us apart from the competition?
STRAIGHT TALKING SALES STAFF
MANAGERS WHO COME OUT OF THE OFFICE!
Here at Luscombe Mitsubishi Leeds, we offer every model of Mitsubishi, in stock and available for you to test drive. What's more, our range of cars suits all budgets and needs, ranging from the compact Mirage Juro city car, to the Mitsubishi ASX crossover, designed to fit your life, or even the versatile Shogun which is ready for even the toughest challenges. If it's a real workhorse you need, then the L200 Series 5 is your ideal business partner – no surprise then that it has been voted Auto Express Winner of Best Pick-up 2015, 2016 and 2017 best in class for Total Load Capacity, 0-62 Performance, Maneuverability, 4x4 System and Fuel Economy of 42.8 mpg and Emissions of 173 g/km. The game changing Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, the revolutionary Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle, offers incredible fuel economy on shorter journeys and only 9% benefit in kind for company car drivers.