Used Car Search
The best time to buy a new car!
I am often asked by friends about the best time to buy a car, a difficult question, as usually it’s when you need or want one, but now and again there are good reasons, sometimes driven by currency, sometimes by legislation, or sometimes just supply.
Well between now and the end of August is definitely one of those times, and it’s all driven by New emission testing, WLTP or Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure! A proper mouthful! So why does that make it a good time to buy a new car?
Manufacturers must sell most of their stock of all existing cars before the end of August, as they are only allowed to carry 10% of last year’s sales into September which usually accounts for about 20% of their sales for the year, so the deals between now and August for an 18 reg car will be the best for a long time - and much better than in September!
Not only is that a good time for a private buyer paying with his hard earned money, it is also much better for company car drivers as the new tests give the same cars considerably higher CO2 emissions on which benefit in kind income tax is calculated, so it will reduce the tax liability - and any way to do that is good news - and finally if or when new road tax rules come in, they will be calculated on WLTP emissions and be higher for cars under the new test.
So it’s not a sales pitch, it’s just like we say, “we won’t sell you a car but we will help you buy one”, and if you take my advice, you will buy the new car you have been thinking about soon - but also it is important to realise that stock will become in short supply and you will need to drive it away in August, so don’t wait, because trust me, they will sell out and the new stock will be available in September/October at a higher price with higher tax!!
“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it”. Charles R Swindoll
WELCOME TO Luscombe Mitsubishi Leeds
5 Star Mitsubishi Dealer for Customer Care
We Won’t Sell you a Car but WE WILL HELP you buy one!!
- At Luscombe Mitsubishi Leeds, our aim is to create a unique, stress-free new and used car buying environment.
- We are a small, privately owned and run business meaning we can offer a highly personal service in a friendly and relaxed manner.
- As our business ethos states, we empower our straight talking sales staff to make decisions and to deal directly with customers
- Our sales staff aren't constantly running back to faceless managers - Our managers come out of the office to assist you!
- In order to provide the best possible service for customers, we have a very experienced and knowledgeable team of staff with many years of Mitsubishi experience
- Located in close proximity to the M1 and M62, we serve a vast area in West Yorkshire but thanks to our reputation, we also sell cars to customers all over the UK.
- We pride ourselves on our reputation! For this reason, we actively encourage you to leave your comments and reviews on Judge Service, Qype, Google Reviews, Yelp and Facebook
- Finally, if you have any questions, queries, problems or praise, the owner, Robin Luscombe would like to hear from you. Call him on his mobile - 07984 647938
What is it that sets us apart from the competition?
STRAIGHT TALKING SALES STAFF
MANAGERS WHO COME OUT OF THE OFFICE!
Here at Luscombe Mitsubishi Leeds, we offer every model of Mitsubishi, in stock and available for you to test drive. What's more, our range of cars suits all budgets and needs, ranging from the compact Mirage Juro city car, to the Mitsubishi ASX crossover, designed to fit your life, or even the versatile Shogun which is ready for even the toughest challenges. If it's a real workhorse you need, then the L200 Series 5 is your ideal business partner – no surprise then that it has been voted Auto Express Winner of Best Pick-up 2015, 2016 and 2017 best in class for Total Load Capacity, 0-62 Performance, Maneuverability, 4x4 System and Fuel Economy of 42.8 mpg and Emissions of 173 g/km. The game changing Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, the revolutionary Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle, offers incredible fuel economy on shorter journeys and only 9% benefit in kind for company car drivers.